Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Pope John Paul II Memorial Abortion Clinic

Pro-Life groups are in a rage today as Cleveland's City Council has approved the opening of an abortion clinic named after Pope John Paul II. The controversy arose on two fronts: the Pro-life objection of abortion, as well as a unanimous objection by Catholic groups who suggest that the usage of the Pope's name creates a mockery of his previous office and stances. Surprisingly, the developers did not see an issue with the title of the clinic and have dismissed the controversy as "small-minded wrangling by idiots." Many anti-abortion groups are planning protests.
http://www.stanthonycatholic.org/photos/Faith/Pope%20John%20Paul%20II%20-%20The%20Holy%20Father.JPG
The clinic, a privately funded, one-of-a-kind establishment, is intended by it's managers to provide services to inner-city women who can not afford abortions on their own.

"We want to provide cheap, affordable pregnancy termination to those women who are disadvantaged and need a fresh start. Any opposition will be observed by our staff and management as disrespectful to the memory of Pope John Paul II - he would have approved of our position and promoted the charitable work we've done throughout the Cleveland Community," says Wendy Clarkson, a spokesman for the Clinic.
http://www.designboom.com/history/wirehangers/h12.gif

Boddy Innis, a Pro-life activist who is infamous for his promotion of shooting abortion doctors, says that his organization will oppose the establishment of the clinic at all costs.
"It is unconscionable for abortions to be tolerated in our society. My main objection to this disgucting travesty, however, if the usage of the Pope's name. Incomprehensible."

Another group opposes the name of the clinic for a very different reason. The Anti-Catholic Association feels that naming an "inherently good" institution after Pope John Paul II sullies the image of the cause.

"We feel that Pope John Paul II did far more harm to the world than any other pope in history," says ACA president Vina Smythe. "When you take into consideration the multiple repressive attitudes that he espoused and the true essence of the Catholic religion, you get a disgusting mix."

Smythe suggests that the clinic change its name to honour an abortion doctor who was killed by extremists.

Protests are planned for the next week as well as at the grand opening. 56 abortions are already scheduled and the doctors involved have no intention of changing plans. The Vatican has prepared a response that will be released tomorrow.

http://www.berkeleysquarejazz.com/blog/archives/Pope%20John%20Paul%20II.jpg


Interestingly-Interesting!!

22 comments:

Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the cloned corpse of marcus tal said...

Vulgar Vlad
I have composed a poechemetical opus in your lewd honor

The Cloned Corpse of Marcus Tal

Anonymous said...

How dare you remove my comment you dirty piece of shit???

Vlad said...

I did not remove your comment. Now I wish I had...

Steve Kenul said...

RE: Bronxbloggers blog

I didn't leave any insulting comments on your blog. If I comment on any blog, I leave my name, I don't need to hide behind anonymous.

I noticed that people tend to disagree with what you have to say and using a childish and immature way of showing it too. It makes it obvious that some of your comment authors are in fact uneducated and can not provide a decent argument against what you have to say and resort to name calling.
Childish and immature.
All I can say is ignore them, or even blog about their stupidity. I've done that on my blog once.
Have a good day and happy bloggin!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting tidbit, this should be quite controversial, thank you.

absurd thought -
God of the Universe wants
many abortions...
.

bridgecross said...

Can you give a source on this? I'm just having trouble with most of the details, like the exact number of abortions scheduled and the "cheap affordable" quote. The whole thing reads like a propaganda release. And I can't find any news items on it anywhere.

Vlad said...

All Around Cleveland - check it out. Tells all.

Dave J. said...

Oh wait, I understand why the Catholics are upset... they had their hearts set on Pope John Paul:Victims of Pedophilia Recovery Ward.

Seriously, it could be a whole lot worse.

bridgecross said...

"All around Cleveland" isn't a source. I mean local Cleveland news websites, Google News, general web search. I've got nothing. The Cleveland City Council has an excellent web site with the minutes of every meeting. Where's the story? What's the address of this clinic? It just smacks of word-of-mouth to me.

Vlad said...

Hmmm - Ben? Is that you, buddy?

Vlad said...

Anyway, source-wise, I took some of the article verbatim from a newspaper. The rest I paraphrased and reported on for brevity. I will be going to Cleveland to follow the story more closely. Would you like to come and meet me there so I can prove it to you? My goodness. Stop denying facts and start paying attention to the news. Weirdo...

And if this is Ben, I thought we had agreed to avoid each other's sites. Don't make me lay down the IP reporting smackdown...

Ben said...

Vlad,

While I still do visit here from time to time to see what absurd claim you make next, I swear on the life of my children that I have not made a comment since Anna Nicole. To my knowledge, can also swear that I don't know who is making the comments.

What can I say? You must have a style where people like to mess with you. It got old with me, maybe it will get old with them too. Let's try this again....*THIS* is my last comment.

Vlad said...

Ok...Benny. Thanks for being you.

Anonymous said...

THE POPE WAS A FUCKING HOMO-JEW!!!!!!!!!! FUCK AL:L OF YOU YOU PIECES OF SHIT FAGGOTS!

Anonymous said...

ass

Anonymous said...

fag

Vlad said...

Please, keep it clean...

Anonymous said...

YOU fucking jewfaced btichhole

Anonymous said...

Whoa...

Steve Kenul said...

???? The Blog Crusades?

pharmaceutical drop shipping said...

Hello, Such a wonderful blog i ever read. Please keep posting good blogs. Thank you very much...